ENGLISHNOW TOEFL Prep
The TOEFL iBT® test, administered via the Internet, is an important part of your journey to study in English-speaking countries especially the USA.
The TOEFL iBT® test measures your ability to use and understand English at the university level. And it evaluates how well you combine your listening, reading, speaking and writing skills to perform academic tasks.
Duration: 32 hours.
Attendance: Five days a week.
Study Material: Internationally acclaimed Cambridge University Press textbook with 1 CD-ROM and 8 Audio CDs.
Our Methodology: We have a four phase approach.
Phase ONE: Diagnostic Test to evaluate strengths and weakness.
Phase TWO: Cambridge TOEFL supporting skills development exercises that are general in nature. These cover learner strategies, note-taking, paraphrasing, summarizing, vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar.
Phase THREE: Specific TOEFL skill-building exercises that address every kind of question in the four sections i.e. Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
Phase FOUR: 2 Complete Practice Tests.
- 60-80 Minutes
- 36-56 Questions
- Read 3-4 passages from academic texts and answer questions.
- Our focus: Reading Overview / Speed-Reading Tips / Preview Of Reading Question Types / Vocabulary Questions / Reference Questions / Insert Text Questions / Paraphrase Questions / Factual Information Questions / Inference Questions / Negative Factual Information Questions / Schematic Framework Questions / Purpose Questions / Prose Summary Questions / Review Of All Reading Skills
- 60-90 Minutes
- 34-51 Questions
- Listen to lectures, classroom discussions and conversations, then answer questions.
- Our focus: Listening Overview / Preview Of Listening Question Types / Signal Words And Prediction / Note-Taking / Gist Content And Gist Purpose / Detail Inference / Organisation Connecting Content / Attitude Function / Review Of All Listening Skills
- 20 Minutes
- 6 Tasks
- Express an opinion on a familiar topic; speak based on reading and listening tasks.
- Our focus: Speaking Overview / Task One Preview / Task One: Stating A Preference / Task Two: Choosing And Supporting / Task Three: Stating A Student's Opinion And Reasons / Task Four: Relating Reading To Lecture / Task Five: Summarising And Paraphrasing Problem And Solutions / Task Six: Explaining And Supporting / Review Of All Speaking Skills
- 50 Minutes
- 2 Tasks
- Write essay responses based on reading and listening tasks; support an opinion in writing.
- Our focus: Writing Overview / Preview Of Independent Writing / Independent Writing: Pre-Writing / Integrated Writing: The Contrast Essay / Integrated Writing: The Comparison Essay / Independent Writing: The Introduction / Independent Writing: The Conclusion / Integrated Writing: Contrast And Citation Language / Independent Writing: Body Paragraphs / Review Of All Writing Skills / Independent And Integrated Writing: Editing And Evaluating